Monday, February 13, 2012
T-Boz's Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Thrown Out by Judge
Tionne Watkins, the singer better known as "T-Boz" from the musical trio TLC, just had her Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing thrown out by Judge James R. Sacca of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Atlanta.
T-Boz has filed for bankruptcy twice before, most recently with another Chapter 13 filing in February, 2011. That case was dismissed as well. In 1995, T-Boz filed for Chapter 11 protection along with the other TLC members, Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas and Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes.
According to the Wall Street Journal, T-Boz's case was dismissed because she had failed to fulfill certain responsibilities involved with her case. The trustee overseeing her case asked that her filing be thrown out for various reasons, including T-Boz's:
· Failure to attend the meeting of her creditors
· Failure to file certain financial paperwork
· Failure to provide proof of her mortgage payments
· Failure to provide proof of income
· Failure to account for creditor Mercedes-Benz Financial Services in her payment plan
T-Boz may not file another Chapter 13 bankruptcy for the next 180 days.
To learn more about bankruptcy, please contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney in your area.